The new protocol is effective Wednesday, November 4
Essential workers will continue to be exempt
- For any traveler to New York State from out of state, exempting the contiguous states, the new guidelines for travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14-day quarantine are below:
- For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure from that state
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test
- For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State
- However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York
Travelers from states that are contiguous with New York will continue to be exempt from the travel advisory; however covered travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Essential workers will continue to be exempt as well.
- These new guidelines ONLY APPLY if you want to opt of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. If you’re willing to quarantine, no testing is required.