The Voice of the Open Shop In New York State
From Buffalo to Watertown to the Eastern Tip of Long Island, ABC is the Leading Association Representing open/merit shop construction firms in New York State
A Message From Our President
ABC invites you to explore the benefits you will receive from membership participation. ABC has a proven track record in serving merit shop contractors in New York since 1971. With 50+ years of experience, ABC has established itself as the leading voice promoting free enterprise within the construction industry.
Despite the government failing you, the ABC Empire State Chapter works harder than ever to make damn sure we won't fail you.
In the last year the Chapter:
- Continued to provide crucial updates on state and federal government policies regarding COVID-19 and other issues of concern to the members
- Kept up the fight against Project Labor Agreements to level the playing field for our membership
- Won two major legal battles: one against the Olympic Regional Development Authority and another against the New York State Department of Transportation, both attempting to hide their PLA studies
- ·Offered custom training, webinars, and both Spring and Fall Semester craft training through a combination of in-person and online instruction to ensure you and your workforce are safe and in compliance with government regulations
- Received approval from the New York State Department of Labor and launched our Multiple Employer Apprenticeship Program, the largest in state history
- Celebrated the best projects our Chapter’s membership had to offer at our Construction Excellence & 50th Anniversary Celebration in Cooperstown.
There are numerous benefits and services available for you and your team/employees, including networking opportunities, safety resources, training, compliance, and educational workshops. We are focused on breaking down legislative and regulatory barriers that impede your company's ability to compete in the marketplace. Active members receive real-money benefits from their participation.
I don’t know what the future will bring, but what I do know is that this Chapter and its staff will never back down from a challenge, a threat, or anything that attempts to impede the growth of the merit shop in New York State. ABC looks forward to partnering with you today as a member!
– Brian Sampson, President, ABC Empire State Chapter
What We Believe in:
The law should protect the right of employees to work regardless of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin or membership or non-membership in a labor organization.
It is incumbent upon all branches of government to be responsible stewards of taxpayer dollars and we believe that government should award contracts only to the lowest responsible bidder. The destiny of all Americans can be best served by cooperation, reconciliation and following the tenants of free enterprise and a democratic government.
Monopolies or any kind of price or wage fixing, in either the public or private sector, are detrimental to our system of free enterprise.
What We Stand Against:
We oppose violence, coercion, intimidation and the denial of the rights of employees and employers.
We oppose unjust pressure to violate these principles.
We oppose government intervention in the free market by creating an uneven playing field. Government shouldn’t be in the business of picking winners and losers.
Our Multiple Employer Apprenticeship Program dramatically increases your ability to bid and win work.
Currently, we’re offering craft training
in the following apprenticeships:
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Painter & Decorator
- Iron Worker
- Construction Craft Laborer
- Drywall Taper (Finisher)
Why Join ABC?
From resources for keeping teams current on skills and certifications, to political advocacy on the municipal, state, and federal levels, ABC’s Empire State Chapter provides our members with a single, unified voice. Our membership believes in the importance of working with other ABC members on projects and advancing open-shop construction interests in New York State. Together, we can continue to advance the merit shop in New York State