What is Apprenticeship?
- Apprenticeship is a unique learning experience that combines on-the-job training and classroom instruction.
- On-the-job training allows individuals to earn wages while gaining real-world experience. Classroom instruction teaches theory and skill development in a controlled learning environment. Combined, the two instruction processes create a knowledgeable and experienced worker.
Why Should I Become an Apprentice?
- Classroom training. Expert instructors teach you theory, safety, and skilled trade fundamentals in a controlled environment.
- On-the-job training. You’ll get your hands dirty (literally), apply your knowledge and skills, and learn by doing.
- No student loans. Currently, the average student debt in New York is $31,523.
- Employment. You will earn while you learn.
- Career potential. Apprenticeship can take you in many career directions. Many graduates have gone on to start their own companies!