Associated Builders and Contractors PROVIDES SOLUTIONS TO YOUR ISSUES!
ABC WILL HELP YOUR COMPANY SELL MORE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, REDUCE YOUR COST OF DOING BUSINESS, AND HELP YOU GAIN A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE OVER NON-ABC MEMBERS.
Founded on the merit shop philosophy, Associated Builders and Contractors helps its members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. From best-in-class safety programs to discounts with leading vendors, ABC has the solutions for merit-shop companies nationwide.
Membership is available to general contractors, subcontractors, associates, and suppliers.
The Empire Chapter has blocked more than $3B worth of PLA’s over the past 3 years. That equates to each contractor being eligible to bid & win more than $5M worth of work
- Monitor legislative activity and lobbies at local, state and federal levels on behalf of the industry
- Maintain communications with political players for industry awareness and access to present our positions
- Communicate with members about pending legislation and what it means to their business
- ABC has established relationships with federal, state and local agencies to provide feedback concerning industry issues and to serve as a resource for the implementation of industry regulation.
The Empire Chapter provides apprenticeship craft training in 13 different trades across the state. Last year alone we hit more than 40,000 hrs. of classroom training.
- We’ve provided over $125,000 in grant-funded safety classes
- Provide craft training programs, supervisory courses, management seminars and safety training
ABC is a resource for virtually any questions relative to personnel/employment issues, including:
- Compliance with state and federal regulations,
- Internal and external training and development, and more.
- We Serve as a resource for health, workers compensation, 401K plans, and other insurance needs
Across the country, ABC members want to work with other ABC members. ABC Empire Chapter members have been referred to more than $600M worth of work simply because they are an ABC member.
- Serve as a reference source for members seeking information about unfamiliar firms or territories
- Referral center and information source for owners and developers seeking construction services
- Promote members services through contact with architects, owners and other users of construction services
- On-going PR to represent construction industry issues and concerns to improve markets and your business
- ABC sponsors networking events to offer members and guests the opportunity to meet with industry peers, become aware of current issues, and take advantage of informative presentations by the selected keynote speakers
ABC’s safety programs and products help members maintain safer and more productive jobsites, one of the construction industry’s most critical needs.
- Empire Chapter STEP members are 770% safer than their industry partners with an 87% reduction in TRIR. That equates to real savings on your insurance.
- Safety training and certification
- Crafting or updating of safety plans
- Job site-specific safety policies
- Navigating OSHA requirements
- OSHA citation counseling
- Prepare and present safety meetings
- Safety recognition program development
- Serving as your employer representative
- One hour free safety consultation
ABC Empire Chapter members save on average more than $3,500 per year utilizing member discount programs. You can find them here: e-book
Employees of ABC members can take advantage of exclusive savings on products and services for their own personal use offered through ABC’s discount programs.
JOIN ABC EMPIRE CHAPTER
After filling out the form and clicking the “Apply for Membership,” one of our chapter staff will reach out to you to confirm and finalize your application.