Fundamentals of Crew Leadership
Every company faces some level of turnover, whether it’s due to retirement or job hopping. In order to stay successful, it’s important to have people trained and ready to step up as capable leaders at your company. Having capable leaders is essential to the success of any company.
ABC Empire State’s Fundamentals of Crew Leadership helps the average worker become a leader. Every great team or company often times have great leaders that guide you to success. Likewise, every jobsite needs a skilled leader to ensure the project is being completed effectively and in a timely manner.
ABC’s Crew Leadership program will develop your employees into leaders through classroom and hands on instruction from industry professionals who are currently crew leaders at their respective companies. This training is your employees first step towards taking a bigger leadership role at your company such as a project manager or project supervisor.
Fundamentals of Crew Leadership introduces the trainee to the principles of leadership through classroom and hands on instruction at locations throughout New York State. At the conclusion of the training the attendee will be able to effectively lead a crew on a construction site.
Training topics include (but are not limited to):
- Construction Safety practices
- Solving problems on a work site
- Decision making techniques for the construction industry
- Construction company organizations
- Jobsite team building
- Gender and minority issues on the worksite
- Effective communication on construction sites
- Crew and team motivation
- Basic project management
Upon completion of this course, the trainee will be able to:
- Show an understanding of the planning process, safety culture, scheduling, cost and resource control
- Discuss current industry issues and organizational structure
- Incorporate leadership skills into work habits, including communications, motivation, team building, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Identify and fix safety issues
- Identify a crew leader’s typical safety responsibilities
Who should attend this Workshop?
Companies that have identified a journeyman or foreman who shows the desire to become a leader at your company is the perfect candidate for this training. Someone who has expressed interest in employee development would also be a great candidate. Before taking our project supervisor training, we recommend companies send their students to this training first to determine if they have what it takes to be a leader on your jobsites.
If you are interested in learning more about how to set up a Crew Leadership Training for your company. Please fill out the form below: