Legal Defense Fund
ABC Empire State Chapter’s Legal Defense Fund is used to fight Project Labor Agreements (PLAs) and other detrimental mandates.
Annually, the Chapter spends more than $100,000 in defense of merit shop contractors against PLAs and other harmful mandates that discriminate against our members. Without this fund, we would not be able to stop the onslaught of PLAs across the state.
We’ve Defeated Over $3.75 Billion Worth of PLAs:
- $545 million – Vassar Hospital Project
- $435 million – Rochester City School Modernization Phase 2
- $330 million – Binghamton Waste Water Treatment Plant
- $135 million – Kingston City Schools
New Wave of PLAs:
Union-Owned Politicians Forcing PLAs on TRILLIONS of DOLLARS of Work
- President Biden’s $2 trillion “American Jobs Plan” mandates PLAs on a majority of projects
- 2021-22 NYS Budget:
- Includes a $300 billion investment in infrastructure projects
- $200 billion of which will be subject to PLAs
- $800 million – I-81 Development
- $550 million – Rochester City Schools Modernization Phase 3
- $300 million – Syracuse City Schools Modernization Projects
- Over $100 million – Olympic Regional Development Authority
Don’t Wait Until Its Too Late! Contribute Today!
We are asking all of our membership to donate, today! You may not realize how important our Legal Defense Fund is to your livelihood, but just ask any of our members who have benefited from it.
[embedded donation form goes here]
The Empire State Chapter is running a matching program for your donations.
Every PLA we defeat in court provides more potential work for your company.
PLA’s in the News:
- THE AMERICAN JOBS PLAN, OR THE UNION JOBS PLAN? – EMPIRE REPORT NEW YORK 2021® NEW YORK’S 24/7 NEWS SITE
- ABC Responds to Biden’s Infrastructure Plan That Is Rife With ABC-opposed Labor Policies: | ABC Associated Builders and Contractors Empire Chapter (abcnys.org)
- Labor Affiliation Shouldn’t Matter When Rebuilding New York | ABC Associated Builders and Contractors Empire Chapter (abcnys.org)
- Labor agreement for I-81 will raise costs and sideline local workers (Commentary) | ABC Associated Builders and Contractors Empire Chapter (abcnys.org)
- Non-union Businesses Locked Out of Bidding to Rebuild Olympic Oval | ABC Associated Builders and Contractors Empire Chapter (abcnys.org)
- NYC Announces New PLAs, Community Hiring Initiative | ABC Associated Builders and Contractors Empire Chapter (abcnys.org)