ABC Empire State Chapter Members Among Top Performing U.S. Construction Companies
The Empire State Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors proudly announced that nine of its member companies – up from six in 2021 – were named as 2022 Top Performers by its national organization. These top performing U.S. construction companies are recognized for their commitment to safety, quality, diversity, project excellence and special designations.
“We’re very proud of our member companies for the quality of work they put out and, especially, for the safe manner in which they do so. Their commitment to safety is evidenced by their participation in ABC’s STEP Safety Management System,” said Brian Sampson, president of ABC’s Empire State Chapter. “Quality companies the likes of these top performers invest in their employees to ensure a skilled and safe workforce, resulting in top-notch work being delivered, happy clients and fewer jobsite injuries. Congratulations to all our top performers for this well-deserved recognition.”
To be eligible, the Empire State Chapter’s Top Performers demonstrated world-class safety performance by achieving Gold status or higher in ABC’s STEP Safety Management System, which makes the top-performing contractors more than six times safer than the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics industry average, according to ABC’s Safety Performance Report.
The Top Performer designation highlights the chapter’s contractors that have earned ABC’s Accredited Quality Contractor credential for their commitment to corporate responsibility in quality, safety, talent management—including inclusion, diversity and equity—education and community relations; those that won national Excellence in Construction,® Safety Excellence and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Excellence awards; and those that hold designations awarded to diverse companies to help procure work from government and private entities.
The Empire State Chapter’s Top Performers are:
- CIANBRO (Pittsfield, ME): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, ABC Top 20 Government Contractor, ABC Top 20 Industrial Contractor, ABC Top 20 Infrastructure Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor, ABC National Excellence in Construction Award, ABC National Safety Excellence Award
- DiMarco Constructors, LLC (Rochester, NY): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- Gypsum Systems, LLC (Elma, NY): ABC Top Trade Contractor, ABC Top Specialty Contractor, ABC Top 20 Museums/Monuments/Parks Contractor, ABC Top 20 Retail Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- KBE Building Corporation (Farmington, CT): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, ABC Top 20 Parking Contractor, ABC Top 20 Retail Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- LoDuca Associates, Inc. (Blue Point, NY): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- Power & Construction Group, Inc. (Scottsville, NY): ABC Top Trade Contractor, ABC Top Specialty Contractor, ABC Top 20 Infrastructure Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- RSI Roofing, Inc. (Gouverneur, NY): ABC Top Trade Contractor, ABC Top Specialty Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- Structural Associates, Inc. (East Syracuse, NY): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, ABC Top 20 Military Contractor, Accredited Quality Contractor
- Wu & Associates, Inc./Design Builders & General Co. (Mt. Laurel, NJ): ABC Top 125 General Contractor, ABC Top Performer with Special Designation (Minority Business Enterprise), Accredited Quality Contractor
Through STEP, AQC and other robust ABC programs, ABC Top Performers demonstrate they:
- Sustain and grow their businesses, financially and economically;
- Offer market competitive compensation, benefit and retirement packages;
- Commit to world-class safety;
- Commit to workforce development, education and creating career opportunities;
- Commit to an inclusive and diverse work environment;
- Develop opportunities for their employees to achieve their career dreams; and
- Cultivate committed leadership.
The Empire State Chapter’s top performing companies had the following to say about the recognition:
Mike Bennett, Vice President of CIANBRO: “Over the course of the last year, our team members have undertaken and completed many complex and challenging projects. Our success is all thanks to our team members! With Cianbro Corporation and Starcon International ranking 17th and 24th respectively in ABC’s Top 125 General Contractors in the country, it goes to show that we have one of the best teams in the construction industry. On behalf of The Cianbro Companies, I want to thank our team members for their commitment and hard work and congratulate them on this honor.”
Tony Soprano, Vice President of Preconstruction at DiMarco Constructors, LLC: “DiMarco Constructors is pleased to be recognized as a Top Performer. As a company, we’ve always been committed to doing what’s best for our customers by ensuring we have the best staff, processes and products. This award confirms that we’re on the right path and we will continue to push to be even better.”
Anthony Adinolfe, President of Gypsum Systems, LLC: “We are truly honored to be recognized as one of ABC’s Top Performers of 2022. This could not have been achieved without the men and women of our organization focusing on work safety, driven by education, teamwork and leadership.”
Will Telesca, PE, Senior Vice President of KBE-NY: “As one of the KBE Companies, the KBE-NY team is very proud to learn of KBE Building Corporation being named a Top Performer. It speaks volumes about the culture of safety and quality the KBE team brings to their projects – a culture that we all share.”
Renee Guerrieri, CEO of LoDuca Associates, Inc.: “LoDuca is honored to be named as one of ABC's 2022 Top Performing Contractors. The dedication and commitment given by our staff has enabled the company to deliver high quality projects to our clients year after year. We are grateful for the team we have and proud of each project that we are able to be a part of. Every day we get to do what we love and leave a mark on our communities by leaving behind great new structures. That is an honor in-and-of itself.”
Leadership for Power & Construction Group, Inc.: “Power & Construction Group Inc. has made a commitment to our customers to provide quality work at a fair price, without incident. Key to that commitment is our dedicated workforce, so we have invested heavily in safety, training, and proper equipment. Expanding our candidate pool and utilizing employee retention programs have bolstered our employee workforce in a tight labor market. We could not be prouder of our workforce and the results they have achieved as graded by ABC, Isnet World, Ariba, Avetta, and VeriForce, and the reputation they have earned for P&CG with our customers.”
Joel LaPierre, President of RSI Roofing, Inc.: “RSI Roofing is very pleased to again be recognized as a Top Performer for 2022. Construction is an exciting industry and there are few trades more challenging than roofing; yet to be a Top Performer in roofing is not by chance. RSI Roofing’s recognition as a Top Performer and STEP Award recipient year after year is due to our top performing team of employees. RSI Roofing always strives for excellence, and we accept nothing less.”
Bill Halsey, P.E., President of Structural Associates, Inc.: “For the third consecutive year Structural Associates, Inc. is proud and honored to be recognized by the Merit Shop Industry as a 2022 ABC Top Performer. This is a reflection on the quality, safety and company values our entire team brings to each of SAI’s projects. Congratulations to Team SAI and all the ABC Top Performers!”
Kirby Wu, AIA, Leed AP, President of Wu & Associates Inc./Design-Builders & General Contractors: “Wu & Associates is very honored to be selected by ABC as one of its Top Performers for 2022. We are blessed with an amazing staff that believes in striving for excellence. Our team at Wu & Associates is looking forward to continuing its collaboration with ABC in the future to enhance our company’s safety, quality, and diversity goals.”
ABC’s entire 2022 Top Performers list can be viewed at abc.org/2022topperformers.